CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 4, 2010

Touch & Downs

I have a million finance terms and equations going through my head at all times thanks to school.
Now I have added flight terms on top of that.
It can be rough sometimes, but I am oh so happy to be flying.
My flight instructor is awes and perfect for my personality.
It doesn't even phase him when I practically yell mid-landing, "Are you even going to help me on this one?"
"No, you have got this," he says like a calm little bastard.
He is right every single time.
Except that time when I did not keep the ailerons neutral.
Oh wait.
That is every single time.
Stupid bad habit I need to break.
What is that all about?
Probably just my death/freakishly strong grip on the controls.
Check out how serious I was about remembering when to pull the the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd notch of flaps in my notes.
Seriously?
Was the red Sharpie necessary?
I am over the top.
Make shift headset and radio communicator box.
It is a jungle of wires that is confusing and very last year.
I like the little quirks of the lightening bolt.
Someone is embarrassed of his headset.
Yeah, you should be embarrassed of that business looking headset you have.
Lightspeed....so hip....almost as cool as a hands free headset for a cellular phone.
The sound is about the same too.
I think that might have been pilot shop arrogance coming out in those statements.
That is just what happens when you buy and sell pilot supplies.
Oopsie.
Sorry Teach.
You can keep your creepily molded earpiece so you can listen to your jams.
I take it all halfway back.
I do not know what it was about this day, but it was giggle town.
I think it all started when we, and by we I mean the guys, were talking about football before flying.
Then I said, "Let's go do some touch and downs."
Yeah...that is the same as touch and gos guys.
Then Teach spilled his coffee the entire way to the tie downs.
Smooth.
Pre-flight checklist time.
Or just time to look like a pencil drawn stick figure doing a dance.
I love how Teach's jet and the lightening bolt are always next to each other.
Best friends.
Chucklebox.
Chucklebox takes a fake senior year of high school photo.
I love how I would not put the fuel tester down.
I am sure there was probably fuel running down my arm from carrying that thing around.
It is cool.
Lowlead is blue and practically matched my clothes.
There is a pilot that comes in often that claims I try to match my clothes to the bright post-it notes at work.
Maybe he is on to something about myself that I do not know yet.
"How is it in the shade over there."-Teach
"How is being next to the only open door that has wind blowing in it?"-Me
Then I told him to put his hand under his chin for a senior year of high school memorable photo.
I could not catch it in time.
Eff words.
Next time.
Then I called ground.
Kevin's response to my request to taxi:
"Do you have your shoes tied?"
Oh Tower Kevin, you love to frustrate me.
Don't worry, we got it together once we were taxing.
Safety first.

0 comments: