CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Day Brasil Came to America

When I was younger (18-19 ish) we had a foreign exchange student from Brasil.
It was like I created a sister for myself.
This is true.
I did most of the paperwork to get her here.
We became fast friends and even argued like sisters.
She decided to make a return trip for a month.
This was the day she arrived....with everything that I love from Brasil.
Best. Ever.
She even brought me DVD's for new Brasilian dances.
If you knew me when I was younger you would know I was a dancing machine.
My favorite was swing and Brasilian.
Like the dancing the girls do in the video below.
You better believe that at 31 I can still do every step of this dance.
Sometimes this song comes up on my iPod during shuffle.
You would be a pretty lucky human to see me perform this dance.

Presents!


We had a welcome home dinner.

For some reason I did not take any pictures of Brasil, but there are plenty coming your way.

Believe me.

It has been non-stop over here. Ron loves Brasilian chocolate as much as I do.

Dancing chocolate! This family dinner doubled as a welcome home and birthday celebrations.

Happy birthday!

Um, who came up with this name for ice cream and what executive approved it?
Deluxe Jammed?
Really?
Someone is excited for Deluxe Jammed.
Post dinner they decided that there were not enough sweets consumed, so they headed to the grotto for marshmallow roasting.
This is what I found when I arrived.
Awes.




This was the moment when the name Jergen Mendolhoff was born.
Leave it to us to come up with a name bizarre nickname for our sibling/uncle.

P.S. Brasil and I still argue like sisters.

0 comments: