CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Raw Food

One morning I woke up and decided I needed a cleanse.
I chose to go raw for ten days.
I am too active to do a full cleanse right now.
Plus.
I think I have done one too many cleanses in my life.
I overdosed on cleanses.
After the ten days I kept eating raw foods, because I loved it so much.
When this posts I will have been raw for nearly two months.
This lifestyle change has been an emotional and physical journey that was well worth it.
Life changes.
This is what my cupboards look like now.
Yes, they always look that organized.
I get that question often.
Organizing is what I do.
Duh.
Guess what never looks like that?
My car and purse.
I love that there is a) something in the cupboards 2) it is all delicious and healthy, and 3) that almost anything can be made with these ingredients.

I love making raw meals.
I think it is more fun that cooking with cooked items.
In fact, I kind of like "cooking" again.
This was the start of a mushroom soup I made.
The mushrooms and onions (yes, onions) were dehydrated first.
Then blended to make soup.
My Grandma's china makes everything better.
And.
Yes, I really do eat daily meals with china.
I happen to also use silver daily.
I was born in the wrong era.

One thing I have noticed that can get old is the amount of dishes I now do.
I am only one person, but cutting fruits and vegetables all day can make a mess.
But.
I get to wear my cute aprons more often.
Yes, I really wear aprons.
What did I tell you, born in the wrong era.
Myspace-esque photo for Lauren, who gave me this one as a gift.
So cute.
So simple.
So in love.
My favorite.
I thought about posting recipes, but then I remembered I did not feel like it.

1 comments:

Payne Family said...

Love the china it reminds me of Thanks giving. Love you