CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Book Club

When people learned I was giving comics a try I received many books to read.
People are surprisingly passionate about comics.
This manga was one of the suggested reads.
I did not fall in love with this one.
Too many characters to keep up with, and the story lines in all five books I read were too similar.
I also thought the manga had little emotion.
BUT!
This book is like no other book I have read.
It is to be read backwards.
The words are read right to left.
That part really challenged my brain.
That I liked.

"You act more like a cockroach than a proper vampire. Left to your own devices you would cover the world in your filth. I can't stand your kind. You don't have the self-respect to be a vampire, you undead maggot. You barely even know what you are." - Alucard's opinion on artificial vampires.

0 comments: