CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Father's Day 2010

This year we celebrated Pop's day with a barbecue and amusing activities (except horseshoes....epic fail family) at the ol' homestead.
These boys really are three peas in a pod.
I have never seen two elder cousins be so enamoured with their youngest cousin.
It is darling and loveable in the the most simple way.
Maybe we should all try to love this way.
There once was a time when there was talk of a grotto being built. What is a grotto?
Let me tell you.
A small cave or cavern.
I learned this when my father demanded I come have a look at the newest changes on the land.
We all scoffed at the idea but guess what turned out incredible?
Oh, just the grotto.
Great ideas often get scoffed at.
Apparently we needed to be taught.
It is a cavern/cave surrounded by trees. There are solar mini lights, a table, and lots of chairs.
Soon there will be a fire pit.
There are no pictures that will ever show the magic of this place.
This is the entrance.
Radical.
Only the happiest times are found in the grotto.
I mean really?
This is probably the first time the hang loose sign has happened for this hipster.
Even my favorite teenager smiled.
I swear this child is an old man trapped in a kid's body....such a ham.
This photo was NOT prompted.
Their Dad definitely taught them this.
I only know this because he used to try to get me and my brother to do the same faces as children.

Woodchip pile and likes this thumbs up.
Amusing activity number 582039482034982.
That is just what happens here.
Someone lives somewhere incredible.
Me.
If you coach someone enough legendary photos happen.
I will have you know the parentals started calling this a guardian gnome.
Waaaaaaay better than garden gnome.
Way.
Let me introduce you to Ron's eyes.
They get him anything he wants.
I think that is what happens when you are the youngest grandchild....or the only girl.
Yes, Ron.
I know your tactics and they will not work on me.
That does not mean I do not think they are adorable every single time you try.

0 comments: