CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Random Breakfast

After Caribou I let Brasil go to breakfast at 0200 with strangers.
What?
I was tired.
Oh, and I knew one of the people.
I figured she would be fine.
She was.
*****
Since we parted ways in the middle of the night I did not get to tell her about the random friend we picked up on the way home.
He needed a place to stay and apparently he was an old friend of everyone at the house.
Since there is lots of room in the house there is always a place to sleep (works out great for someone practically homeless).
Imagine Brasil's surprise when she saw a stranger on the couch.
Awesome.
****
In the morning the stranger tried to serenade Brasil.
True.
This guy was entertaining.
Lover of the Sea and Fancy Pants decided to come listen to the serenading.
Good thing a lone crutch was available to help them listen.
Brasil was in the market to hook up with an American.
I think she got it all wrong.

Since the stranger and Brasil found it impossible to whisper at 0800 they woke up the entire house.
That lead to coffee on the porch.
The stranger told us about the band he was starting of only songs from a hymn book.
Brasil did not understand, and since we were laughing, we were told not to encourage him any further.
I wanted to look at the music on his iPad since he was playing the hits all morning.
He gave me a stern talking to about how to be careful and the proper way to hold an iPad.
Seriously?
I think I have got it, but I fake listened while trying not to laugh anyway.
Then we all went to breakfast....
and laughed some more.


You do not want to know.
Mid-breakfast and conversation the stranger pulled out his iPad, found the city Brasil lives in, and pointed to a road.
He said, "Have you ever driven on this road....right....here?"
I do not think we stopped laughing about that for the rest of breakfast.
So....I am barely allowed to hold the iPad but it is okay to use it as a coaster?



I think this was the day that Brasil officially decided we are all crazy.
Or just that I am crazy.
When we were talking about this day later and laughing, she said, "This is just typical day in your life."
It is kind of true.

0 comments: