CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Snail Mail

I have this really great friend that sends me the most incredible mail.
She must know how much I love snail mail, because she kills it every single time.
What was in said box?

******

Let me tell you:
-Mini-discs and a Walkman to play them
-Bracelets and a necklace
-A picture of Vern
-Anatomy drawings by Lils (amazing)
-Self Reliance Essays by Ralph Waldo Emerson
-An artificial lei (Thanks. Really fulfilled by that.)
-I am drug free, alcohol free, and unstoppable sticker
-The Xanthone Effect by Dave Morton (best anatomy teacher ever)
-Jamie O'Neal Lyrics
-The article: Love the Anti-drug-A Tip for Parents (totally used it on my not kids)
-Braille Alphabet
-Sexy time wrapping paper
-Luna bars
-Adult Mad Libs
-A Guide to Depression
-Pins
-Ballerina Notecards
-Field day awards
-I love my bike bell (I do!)
-Food handlers permit reminder card
-Best frog pictures I have ever seen
-Incredible painting folder made by Lils
-Notebooks
-Lastly, the best note/photo explaining the gift.
-One sweater
-One shirt
*****
Check it out/believe it:

This is when I was a giant in a house, Alice in Wonderland style, when trying on received snail mail sweater.
Lils, I have already been busy making things with your gifts.
Waste not; want not.
I even used a mini-disc as a coaster.
I love you and your talented snail mail ways.
If I could have filmed Brasil's reaction to this magical gift you would have died from laughter.
Awesome.
A million thanks.

1 comments:

Lilly said...

ha ha. i knew you would make something out of that stuff. and i'm disappointed that vern wasn't immediately framed. i'm sure he's framed now. pics, stat!
also. i do love an itemized contents list, as your packages come together over time and i am strict about not looking at contents once they enter the box. this helps in the case i think i've misplaced something dear to me and think it's been stolen. :) well. back to the grind. on a 20 minute lunch break and seriously debating a glass of wine before i head back. is it counted as wine with lunch if you slam it 10 minutes after your meal and directly before you hop in your car?