CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Vinyl Treasures

Many years ago I decided to sell all of my records and my record player.
One of my few regrets in this life of mine.
*****
Then there was this day when my friend said he was getting rid of half of his collection, and said that I could have what I wanted.
Sold.
I even got to replace some of the vinyl that was special to me back in the day of me being a collector.
I also happened to find some amazing treasures in his 'get rid of' pile.
Including.....
Music You Can Dance To by The Sparks and The Game (entire album!) by Queen.
My brothers are about to be sooooooooooo jealous of those two finds.
Priceless.

Look at those guys right at home on my shelf.
Dear G.S.W/Ol' Buffalo,
You are one of the greatest friends I have ever had.
Thank you for passing all of these records on to me.
I am in love with this gift of music.
*****
Now all I need is some more Bob Dylan and my life is complete.
*****
Dear Brasil,
Remember how you napped through the sorting of these records? How I kept yelling across the house that I could not believe someone would get rid of such gems? You have a talent for napping/being dead to the world. I was right next to you! Then you woke up and said, "I didn't hear anything. You never stop. Did you do your homework yet so we can do something fun?"
That day was awesome.

1 comments:

Fancy said...

A talent for napping??? hahaha That is so me!!!!