CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 29, 2010

Not A Single Mom Dot Com

There was this one week. Or nine days. That I babysat my second cousins.
We did a lot of things and had all sorts of fun:
1. We colored.
My guess is most people reading this found some of my amazing coloring in their mailboxes.

2. Made chocolate milk.
3. I used my Mom face when someone stole my camera like a ninja.

4. Talked to the parents at night.
5. Built forts.
6. Made green smoothies.
She loved them.
Unbelievable.
7. Picked up kids from school.
8. Dressed up.
Or maybe she just found those in my coat pocket, put them on, and yelled, "Hey babysitter! Look at my necklaces."

How could I get mad at that face?
9. Watched the sunset.



10. Tie-dyed shirts.
11. Read books.
12. Ate wooden food.

13. Cleaned up.

It has been years since I was a full-time nanny.
Except for that one day it was great.
You know the day, the one where the kids were crying, the dog rolled in poop, the smoke detector went off and more.
I emailed every friend that was a Mom that day because they equal amazing.
Maybe being a Mom in your thirties is not allowed.
I mean.
I almost cried over a smoke detector going off just as the kids had finally fallen asleep.
Maybe I should go ahead and post that email I wrote. It is pretty funny with lots of swearing.
The email is sure to offend most, almost give you an anxiety attack (Jordan), or it will read like everyday at your own house (Cody).
Oh, and....
Daylight savings and kids do not mix if you are wondering.
*****
I really do love these two kids so much.
I have since watched them again.
They are my buds, but I am not Jesus.
I sometimes lose my patience and cry over smoke-detectors.
That is just how I am now.

0 comments: