CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

My Dad

It took me a long time to figure out that my Dad is one of the greatest people on the planet. To think I missed out on many great years because of my stubbornness! Really cool me. Lessons Learned. My Dad has been so great to me, and really taken care of me in the last two years. I would truly be lost without his help and advice. In fact, I am pretty sure I wouldn't have survived at all. There have been some rough days.
Things that I love about my Dad:
  • He always takes time to listen, even if he doesn't have time for it right then.
  • He will drop everything just to help me. Seriously. This guy is the busiest guy I know and he is always willing to help. Wait, not just help, go over the top helping.
  • He never cuts corners. Ever.
  • He is brilliant. No really he is. If you have a question; he has the answer. He even reads the dictionary. Believe it.
  • He has always taken care of me and my family. I am downright spoiled thanks to him. Yes.
  • He is generous. It is overwhelming.
  • He is thoughtful.
  • He has taught me so many skills. I am independent because of those skills, which is good thing.
  • He is weird, in a good way, just like me. I like it.
  • He is spiritual.
  • He is the hardest worker I know. Thank you for passing that down to me.
  • He makes me laugh.
  • He is supportive.
  • He has tried everything. I want to be just like him and try it all.
  • He is an excellent businessman. I loved working for him and watching him in action.
  • He lets me be me. The real me.
  • Most of all he loves me no matter what.
Oh man. There are so many great things. I could go on and on. I have loved getting to know and understand him as an adult. It is a good time. I am overwhelmed with gratefulness to my Dad. He should win awards.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

big ups to the big L from Aaron. Beer me!

Rasmussens said...

Your dad is great! We all got pretty lucky in the Dad department. Grandma did a pretty good job. We really all need to get together.

Cisneros Family said...

I love your dad too! He is wonderful. I want to help with the Reunion. It is a great idea.

Kelli Proctor said...

dads are pretty cool, yours seems pretty awesome too! Its funny how we take them for granted and we dont realize how great they are until they are older. I think sometimes they soften up in their old age too. Mine passed away like a year and a half ago but like 7 years before he died he changed so much and he totally reminded me of Ghandi, serious! I actually even feel closer to him now, weird but true... Thanks for sharing, he sounds like such a great dad!

Sunshine Girl said...

I agree! Your dad rocks! In fact I so wanted to ask him what marketing techniques he's found that work today when I was in there... but it didn't come up... He is amazing!