CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I almost forgot....

Guys.
I had my annual accident.
It happened in April when I was on my weekly bike ride with 12-ish people (bike gang).
Not embarrassing at all.
It happened when I decided to ride Nate's fixed gear.
Good friend. Bad bike.
I love fixed gears but I am no longer allowed to ride them.
Such a crazy night.
I was really mad at everyone that they would not let me boss them around.
I just wanted to do my homework in the emergency waiting room. Cannot waste one moment of time.
Someone needs a reality check. Me.
Also.
The head bleeds...a lot.
I tried to play it off like I was fine and could ride home, but the blood gave it all away.
What a ruiner.
No thanks to the new girl in the group that upon seeing me exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! There is blood everywhere."
I vetoed her out of ever being my friend at that moment.
I believe I leaned to my friend and said, "You cannot date her."
Thank you to extra Nate for rescuing me at a moment's notice, and driving me to my brother's house. I tried really hard not to get blood on the Subaru Brat. The cruck (a car-truck-aka the brat) is priceless.
Thank you so much to Nate, Scott, and Dani for getting me to the emergency room and then waiting for me to get my head stapled....in the middle of the night.
I sent some rather nasty (or just hilarious) texts to all of you until I got some crackers and a pain pill.
True friends right there that can handle me in crisis.
Thank you for taking care of me the days that followed as well.
To Steve, great friend and best energy worker around, from saving my brain from disaster and healing me faster than modern medicine ever could. Pretty amazing you knew something was wrong instantly and contacted me. You are one in tune little shit.
Lastly, thank you to all of the friends that continually checked on me. You know who you are and your kindness will never be forgotten.
There is nothing like being loved when one truly needs it.
Oopsies.
13 staples and a concussion that lasted for weeks.

1 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

OUCH!!!! Ems, thats just crazy to think that after riding your bike that can happen, you are such a tough chica though. I seriously crack up with every post your write,exception to this one, well the pics, thats just looks awful and glad its on the back of your head instead of your gorgeous face!!