CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 23, 2010

Rock Climbing May 2010

When I was 18, going on 19, I was asked to babysit one Friday night for a new family that had just moved into the neighborhood from California.
I had pink and black hair then, and swing dancing was the only thing I cared about.
Oh man was I ever good at swing dancing...despite my height and giant-ness. So fun.
At that time I watched just about every child and cleaned most homes in the city.
I had done this since I was under ten.
To me it was another night that meant making money for dancing adventures, paying for life, and saving for the future.
What I did not know then is that I would become a live-in nanny, and a part of the family a few months after that opportune night.
13 years later and they are still in my life.
Lucky!
They invited me to go rock climbing with them and I did not hesitate to accept
In this photo I was getting a lesson about how to ruin photos. No really, that is his thing.
Oh angsty teens.
You are a hoot.
Wait until I scan photos of him with a binky in his mouth for all to see.
Angsty times one hundred will definitely happen.
I remember the day this little girl was born like it was yesterday.
Our daily interactions from newborn to toddler is something I will hold near and dear to my heart foreves (O.C. lingo).
She may have been world's best baby and now an amazing little girl.

Did you know I am afraid of heights? It is true but I still had so much exhausting fun.
Rock climbing may be my new thing.
Best couple alert. This guy is amazing.
Maybe even in the top ten greatest guys I have met in my life.
One day he just showed up with lunch as a surprise for me and April.
Mr. Thoughtful.
I love that.
I am so happy he is going to be in the family and I love that he loves them as much as I do.

As for April, words cannot describe the little angel she has been in my life.
She has always seen the best in me when even I could not see it.
She encompasses a mother, sister, and best friend in one person for me.
My favorite line of the day was said by the oldest, "Don't move to New York or I will go blind." We have come a long way from fighting over him practicing the piano, his love of Pokemon, me being the hired help that should serve him, to him going blind if I am out of state.
Great kid.
Strike that.
Brilliant kid.
Love him.
He can play the piano like a modern day Chopin. He pulled out the Dvorak's Slavonic Dances (favorite for many years) the other day and played them like it was no big deal.
I am very proud of him and his accomplishments.

I love you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to a great family!

kennan said...

i love april.... and you.

i was always jealous.