CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

Most mornings I make myself a green smoothie for breakfast. I have been doing this for years, and it is one of the most beneficial things I have learned to date. Guess what happens when you drink green smoothies for breakfast? No mid-day slump. Don't believe me? Try it. This is just one benefit out of 139824572 of this magical drink.
Over the years I have slowly added more pizazz to my green smoothie. Dr. Christopher's Jurassic Green powder is one of the best food finds to date. This powder is flash dried alfalfa, barley, and wheat grass. It packs a nutritional punch. It is like having a vat of salad for breakfast.
Here is my latest recipe:
2 cups of water
As much spinach, kale, or any other dark leaf as I can stand (about 2 cups ish)
A handful of frozen fruit (If you are new to this start out heavy on the fruit. Light on the greens)
2 tsp. of Dr. Christopher's Jurassic Greens
1 tsp. of psyllium powder
1 tsp. of fruit powder
A splash of flaxseed oil


This recipe makes a larger than life smoothie. You can also add the Jurassic Green powder to your water bottle to get more green goodness. Gag. I have done one to many fasts and cleanses that have included that taste. If you can do it you are most likely that wizardly man upstairs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome.

you know how i love green drink.

word.

Jeffrey Lauren Pacheco said...

You hippie. I just love you oh so. I am already looking forward to next week. My goal might be to buy everything on your list. just saying.